Warning
This blog contains material that some viewers may find disturbing...
Viewer discretion advised.
Mature Subject Matter – 17+


Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Tangled By: Emma Chase


Tangled (Tangled, #1)


Published: May, 19th 2013
Pages:
Series:  The Tangled Series
Stars:  5


Ever have a day that sucks?
I mean sucks like a huge Donkey ass suck?
Yeah, well that was my day. Reading is my coping method, my escape from the Donkey ass days.
This book was the best escape I had in a really long time.


The story is written in a sarcastic, witty, romantic comedy kind of way. This book made me laugh, shake my head and roll my eyes. All at the same time!
Written from Drew’s POV and hang on because he doesn't hold anything back!
Drew is perverted, arrogant and Perfect…. just ask him, he will let you know just how perfect he is.
                 

Meet Drew Evans, his life is everything he has ever wanted. He is handsome, rich, at the top of his game at work, and women throw themselves at his feet…literally.
His life is going exactly the way he wants it to, that is until he is hit by the flu! Now he is a broken, whiney and face first down on his couch.

Katherine Brooks is like a full speed nonstop train, she doesn't let anything or anyone derail her from her goals. And she slams straight into Drew Evans chest knocking him right off his expensive shoe wearing feet.

I love Kate; she can match Drew word for word in a fight and stand eye to eye without blinking. He dishes out the worst and she hands it right back on a pretty tray.  He never has to try for anything and Kate pushes him and sends him into a realm of pissed off that he has never seen!
                     “It makes me want to kiss her and strangle her at the same time. II've never been into S&M. But I’m beginning to see its benefits.”

Drew wants Kate, but he has competition. Not something he is too familiar with, remember he gets everything he wants …. Always!  Kate’s ex comes back into the picture and now he needs to make some effort… big time effort.
     “You ever seen A Christmas Story? You know toward the end when Ralphie beats the ever-loving shit out of the bully? I hope to God you've seen it. Because then you'll know exactly what I mean when I say I'm about to go real fucking Ralphie on this son of a bitch.” 

Watching Drew try to plead his case is downright hilarious! And Kate, she won’t go down without a good fight.
The other characters balance the story line perfectly!  I won’t lie, Dee Dee scares the shit out of me too!

This book is a “have to read” book.






No comments:

Post a Comment